Sunday, February 18, 2007

1 Step at a time

Hi Everyone,

 

Bill & I just came home from the Multiple Sclerosis Dinner.   When we arrived, they checked us in and gave me my award.  A  clear latex foot!  It represents the motto "1 Step at a time"

 

There were about 15 other people who also raised $4000.00.   We were all called up on the stage.  Then they took pictures.  I gave the photographer my email address, he said he would send it to me. 

 

They were proud to announce that our Chapter raised over 1 Million Dollars last year!!!  Less than 10 chapters in the whole country raise that much! 

 

Bill & I were eager to tell story of Sable.  I told all the wonderful things she has been trained to do; like retrieving things I drop, bringing objects I ask for & dragging the laundry bag up & down to the laundry room for me...But  Everyone was stunned & pleased to hear my favorite; getting the portable phone for me IF I fall.  Several people asked for the trainers information.  I will be sure to pick up more business cards from C & G  K9 School .

 

* I asked if there was someone who could help me write a book about Sable, and how she helps me.  They will look into it.  This is a great  resource and People with MS should be aware of it and who that help is available.

 

 I an so proud that my Team of Family, Friends & Sponsors could help to  accomplish this 'feat'.

 

Janette