Monday, December 17, 2007

Rain

Hi Don, Merry Christmas!

I have been meaning to write to you for some time. I just wanted to say how happy we are with Rain, who is now just over a year old (a pup from Rose and Joey). In my mind, this is largely due to her excellent breeding.

I was a little nervous when we purchased a pup without having met you face to face and seeing the dogs first hand (we live in Ottawa). I was not sure sure if adding a dog to an already crazy household of three young kids (aged 7, 5 and 3) would tip the balance. And, finally, growing up both my husband and I have had many dogs -- let's face it -- I dreaded the puppy stage. I can honestly say with Rain it has been effortless! She was house trained to a specific spot in our backyard in under two weeks and had learnt her basic commands very quickly. Plus she hasn't chewed a thing! Please note: this is particularly impressive for several reason -- 1. there are always kid toys everywhere, 2. we are renovating our house so we have no closet for front door shoes and no kitchen cupboards (the bread is at dog level) and 3. she has had the run of the house at night and when we are out since she was 5 months old.

I am mostly impressed with her disposition. She is such a happy easy going dog that is always ready for anything. She is perfect with the kids (and other dogs) and puts up with all the kids at the bus stop with perfect manners. We are so lucky to have her! (My research payed off!) Don you are doing something right!


Attached is a picture of Rain with the kids.


Rain with the kids w/santa.



Merry Christmas and Thank You!
Lisa