Friday, May 02, 2008

Storm

Hi Don,

Just saw the new site. It looks great! Very much refreshed. I also saw that you got a new dog. Storm looks great! Are you happy with him so far? I’m in the woods most weekends just now, but once the blackflies pick up I’ll be backing off on that a bit, so if you want pics we can arrange it (although you’ve got some decent ones on there already). Morning or evening works too most days. Had Ruby out to see Don R. for her annual checkup and shots yesterday. All clear and good (I’d go so far as to say GREAT, but perhaps I’m a bit biased). I was in the high Arctic for a week last month in Resolute. There was a bear in town the day before I arrived, so I didn’t get out for too many hikes in that land of ice and sky, but the meetings that I had to plan work for this summer all went very well, and it was neat to see some real Arctic blizzards (from inside my room!!!). The flying was not much fun though – we landed in Nanisivik on northern Baffin and I shot this little video of the poor lads re-fuelling in 85 km wind… It was a bumpy ride for sure!



Cheers,

-Dave