Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sable's night out

Last night sable, my service dog, did the most amazing thing;

Bill went out to go bowling & i was watching a show on animal planet. It was about a lioness who had adopted an ibex fawn (in africa) the show was very interesting.

Sable indicated that she wanted to go out...I let her go. After about 1/2 an hour i went to let her in. She was not there! I called her name many times, but no response.

I walked out on the deck...The gate was open!

(She did not have her collar on. We have moved downstairs and bill had taken off her chain collar, because it was too noisy when she shakes her head at night. )

Now i am in a panic...How do you find a black dog at night? I get my keys, and as i open the front door...There sable is. Sitting an wagging her tail! I let her in, praising her. I had some treats with me, in case i had to coax her into the car, i gave them to her...Her ears were cold, so i rubbed them as i praised her.

She sat with her head on my feet for the rest of the night. When bill came home i told him the story. He praised her, and took her out side to play.

Now that is a good dog !!!


Janette