Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Noah update

Hi Don

How are you doing?  I hadn’t  written in a while so I thought I’d let you know how Noah is doing.  He is just GREAT!!

He completed his scenting course and he really did very well at that – especially the human scenting and was able to find the hidden person in the various barrels really quickly.  The instructor was amazed at the speed at which he ran – She first said to start him closer to the barrels like the other dogs but he was off with such speed that he overshot and had to skid around and come back.  So we just took him to the very end of the arena and let him go from there J

I have also entered him in two shows in December – more for the experience that anything else.  We have a trainer to refine his and my show training and he really enjoys that.  He has been seen by a number of professional handlers and everyone is impressed even if he is a more ‘field’ looking lab.  We shall see how that goes!

He also completed his second level obedience class but I was not too satisfied with the class nor the teacher as the class was held from 9 – 10 which was very late for Noah who usually goes to sleep around 8pm J I am looking for another class with something geared toward the CKC obedience titles.

I hope everything is going well with you, your family and the dogs.

Best regards,

Vanessa & Noah