Monday, February 27, 2012

I am nearly ready to return to Canada from Australia with Puck

I am nearly ready to return to Canada from Australia with Puck.  This was a very long trip but well worth it, this Puck is a winner!  I flew 2:25 to Toronto, waited 2:20 then flew 13:15 to Beijing, waited 7:00 then 11:00 to Melbourne for a total of 36 hours.  I leave here Wednesday, fly to L.A.X. then Vancouver, Toronto and then home.  The strange part is that I will be flying and waiting for many more than 24 hours but leave here on 29th. and get home on 29th.!

I went to a Field Trial yesterday and saw some great dog work.  Kadnook made its usual impact, 1st, 2nd. and 3rd.  It has been easy to see why people have told me the best Labradors come from Australia and that Kadnook (Jill MacMaster/Poholke) is responsible.  The temperature was 37C but not nearly as uncomfortable as I expected.  I have been far more miserable with 27C at home.   Pierrette lived here for 3 years and has told me about the poisonous snakes and spiders.  I suspect she was trying to convince me that she should go instead of me.

The people here have been super, I hope they all decide to visit me in Canada.

 

Don