Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Sables New Command

Hi Don,

It has been a while since I talked about how smart & wonderful Sable is.  Here are 2 things that she does;

When it is raining or snowing, She comes in soaking WET.  I taught Sable a command that makes life easier for me & her.  Her food and water bowls are by the back door.  I have a Black towel rolled up next to her bowls. ( that way no light coloured towels are covered with her Black hair)

After being out, I tell her to "BRING TOWEL".  Sable will pick up Her towel and bring it to me and I rub her dry.  She loves to be rubbed and dried off.

**This other 'Task/Job' she taught herself.

Last year, due to my Multiple Sclerosis, I was 'Suffering' from TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA.  It was attacking the nerves in my face.   I would wake up in excruciating pain.   The trick to controlling the pain was to take Medication 4 times a day, at precisely the right time.  This went on for 6 months.  Finally after trying, many oral medications and a 'Drip' (into my veins).

 

The Doctors tried a New drug.  It has been controlling the pain for 8 months.  It is no longer necessary to set my alarm clock or be as precise with my pills, to beat the Pain.

Sable does not know this, she still wakes me up to take my pills.  I don't need to set my alarm clock, I have the "Labrador Retriever Alarm". Sable comes to my bedside and breaths on me, stares at me & if that does not work, she will 'Flap her ears' until I get up and take my medicine. Thank you, for this wonderful companion.

Janette