Friday, October 26, 2012

Dawson is incredible

I want to thank you once again for your amazing lab. Dawson is the most incredible dog I have ever had. My wife Tina says the same thing. This guy has a personality unlike any other dog. He never leaves my side when I am outside, he drives me a little nuts to play fetch, but that is to be expected.

He has declared our trout pond his own personal pool and will wander over for a dip at any given time without warning if he is hot. He will fetch out of the water without hesitation.

I always wanted a dog that would run and jump into a pond and this one does. He is incredible. He accidentally got on the scent of a cock pheasant in our side woods and he was a sight to behold. His tail looked like a helicopter and I could hear his nose snapping shut. Suddenly the pheasant was flush up and he turned to look at me like he was wondering why I didn't shoot it. I didn't have a gun! I was just walking with him. I only did an hour of retrieving with a pheasant wing the year before and he was all over it.

At night he will sleep by the bed on my side and if he gets mad at me for being at work too long or away... he hides one piece of my footwear outside. He doesn't chew it, just puts it out in the rain, and only one. He is truly a joy. I was right, he is the perfect lab.

Thanks
Ken