Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Trooper

Hi Don,

it's Benjamin up in Hopedale. Trooper has been an absolute pleasure. We enjoy  her tremendously. I have just a quick question with regards to Trooper and swimming. She loves the water and is an amazing retriever - as determined as anything I've ever seen. However, as winter fast approaches and our temperatures dropping with every passing day I was wondering if there is a general rule of thumb with regards to when swimming is done for the season. Will the dog simply not dive in when it's too cold? Her determination says no .... But with air temperature in the minus ten celcius with wind chill in the minus twenty range my wife and I wonder if we should keep her away from water until its frozen. (This is salt water we are talking about too by the way) Any insight on the subject would be great.


Thanks
Benjamin