Friday, March 15, 2013

R.I.P Jill

 

This sad news came overnight. Jill started Kadnook Kennel, thought by many as the best Labrador kennel anywhere. I am very lucky to have known her and very honored because I am the only person in North America she would sell to.

 

My first was Roo then Rose, Mud, Jill and Puck. Wayne and Jill came for a visit, summer of 2011 and I drove them to Labrador. I visited them in Australia last winter, met wonderful people there and attended a field trial when the temperature was 37C!

 

Jill and Wayne discovered her cancer had returned the day before I arrived. Despite this bad news Jill and Wayne treated me like a family member.

 

Don


Shortly after 04.00 am yesterday, Thursday 14th March 2013, Jill lost her five year fight with the cancer she had been challenged with since 2008.

 

Family members were at her bedside, and had been in continuous presence since the 25th February 2013.

 

After Jill’s Oncologist thought we would lose her on Friday 1st March, Jill rallied and greeted a constant movement of people in the week 4th to 8th March, many of whom had been in her life since day one of Kadnook Kennels. On Saturday 9th, the medical staff asked that Jill be allowed to rest and only family members be present at her bedside.

 

Jill fought a brave battle – and is now free from pain and the torment of this horrible disease.

 

R.I.P.

Jill Poholke

[McMasters-Kadnook]

04.04.1949  -  14.03.2013

63 yrs 11 mths 10 days

 

Jill will always be in our hearts.

 

Regards

Wayne.