Friday, October 04, 2013

Her limbs may be aging, but nothing wrong with her nose!

Hi Don,

I hope that all is well with you. Although it was more of a ducky day than a pheasant day, Ruby convinced me to take the morning off and have a go for a few roosters. Her right forelimb has been quite lame since the spring and appears to be untreatable, despite all of our best efforts with Rushton and other vets. It appears to be the tendon that runs along the back of her limb from elbow to wrist. In any case - she's slowing down a little, but her nose seems fine! Despite the torrential rain that had just washed all the scent away she flushed 8 birds for me in just 90 minutes and I picked a pair of nice young roosters out of the bunch.

She seemed OK after the hunt, but we'll see how much she suffers for it tonight when I get home. I kept it short and easy terrain until I can see what she can still handle. So far, a good start to 2013!

Cheers,
-Dave

Ruby